IMPORTANT: You should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have a visa to travel to Australia. The department will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful.
Please note that you may be requested to provide additional information/documents after the initial assessment of your application.
*SUBCLASS 600 VISITOR (BUSINESS STREAM)
This visa allows business people to make a short business visit to Australia for up to three (3) months during the visa validity period. You must be able to show:
• your business background
• that you have a good business reason for travelling to Australia
• that you will be participating in one of the following business activities:
- making general business or employment enquiries, investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
- activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
- participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation
Please note that this visa is not a work visa. People who wish to work in Australia should apply for and obtain an appropriate visa with work rights.
Global Visa and Citizenship Processing Times
To view current processing times for a subclass 600 visitor visa application please click here.
Processing times apply from the date your complete application is lodged.
Please note that applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and that actual processing times may vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether the applicant has lodged a complete application including all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly the applicant responds to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external parties, particularly in relation to health, character, national security, and Assurance of Support requirements
- the number of places available in the migration programme (for permanent migration visas)
- surges in demand and peak periods
To ensure your application falls within the published processing times, we strongly encourage you to submit complete applications. The information provided below will assist in making sure you have included all required documents during the application process.
This standard is set by the Australian government. The business community should take this processing time standard into consideration in their business planning, including travel, plans and meetings in Australia.
Business Visitor short stay visas are usually, but not always, valid for 12 months. Individuals and companies with ongoing business links in Australia are encouraged to maintain valid visas at all times, while they have business links in Australia. This means applying for a new visa before the expiry of a current visa. As much as we would like to, our ability to fast track applications is very limited. We are also unable to reply to progress inquiries during the one month processing time.
Please note that we do not reply to progress inquries during the processing time unless they involve a genuine emergency in Australia such as work that must be done urgently due to a natural disaster. If you send a progress inquiry or a request to fast track an application and did not receive a manual reply within 2 work days this means that your request has been considered but it was determined that the circumstances do not amount to emergency.
You should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have a visa to travel to Australia. The department will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful.
Options for lodging the application:
(1) Paper applications through your travel agent or service providers such as:
Tel Aviv – Level 12 Textile Building, number 2 Koifman Street, Tel Aviv , telephone - 03 5269111
Haifa: (Orly 052 5887117).
. S.M Visa Services:
No. 5 Droyanov Street, Tel Aviv – Phone (03) 5250332
- Form 1415 for paper applications only. For on-line applications please complete the interactive form provided on-line
- Visa application charge: AUD135 paid by International Credit Card only. If you do not hold a valid Internatioal Credit Card, you may pay the visa application charge through your travel agent or one of a service delivery partners. Cash and cheques are not accepted unless there is a genuine emergency and prior approval from the Embassy
- A clear copy of the biodata and signature pages in your passport. The passport should be valid for at least six months. The signature page must be signed
- Letter of invitation from your business contacts in Australia. The letter should be detailed and provide the following information:
- Your profession
- Your position in the company/business/organisation you work for
- Detailed information about your proposed business activities in Australia. Stating business meetings or participating in a conference or exhibition or an event without providing detailed information about your exact role and your proposed business activities during the meeting/s, event, seminar, exhibition is not sufficient and may result in the refusal of your application without further contact with you
- Who will pay your a salary for your proposed business activities in Australia
- Who will cover your travel and living expenses
- Proposed period of stay
- The number of visits expected during the next 12 months
- If you are travelling to participate in a conference/exhibition/trade shows/seminars you must provide a letter of invitation from the organisers of the event. The letter should state your role in the event and whether you are being paid by the oranisers of the event for your participation.
- If you are 75 years old or above you will be invited to undergo health checks with one of the Embassy doctors after you lodge your application. You will receive an email from our office regarding this matter as quickly as possible after you lodge your application. The list of Embassy doctors and other relevant information will be provided.
(2) Apply on-line. If you apply online you must uplaod all/same documents mentioned above into your online application.
When a decision is made on your application, you will be notified by email. Your visa, if granted, will be label free. If your visa is granted, we strongly recommend that you carry with you a copy of the visa grant notification letter and keep a copy of the email while your visa is valid.