IMPORTANT: You should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have a visa to travel to Australia. The department will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful.
Please note that you may be requested to provide additional information/documents after the initial assessment of your application.
*SUBCLASS 600 VISITOR (BUSINESS STREAM)
This visa allows business people to make a short business visit to Australia for up to three (3) months during the visa validity period. You must be able to show:
• your business background
• that you have a good business reason for travelling to Australia
• that you will be participating in one of the following business activities:
- making general business or employment enquiries, investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
- activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
- participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation
You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is decided.
Please note that this visa is not a work visa. People who wish to work in Australia should apply for and obtain an appropriate visa with work rights.
The processing time service standard is one month for 75% of the applications. Some applications may take longer to process. This standard is set by the Australian government and reflects the time it may take to finalise all processing and obtain all the necessary clearances. The business community should take this processing time standard into consideration in their business planning, including travel, plans and meetings in Australia. Business Visitor short stay visas are usually, but not always, valid for 12 months. Individuals and companies with ongoing business links in Australia are encouraged to maintain valid visas at all times, while they have business links in Australia. As much as we would like to, our ability to fast track applications is very limited. We are also unable to reply to progress inquiries during the one month processing time.
You should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have a visa to travel to Australia. The department will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful.
Options for lodging the application:
IMPORTANT: All documents for online applications must be uploaded into your online immiAccount in PDF format.
(1) Online. Please note that you must upload to your online application the same documents requested below for a paper application. Start your online application at Online .
(2) Paper application through one of our following Service Delivery Partners:
Tel Aviv – Level 12 Textile Building, number 2 Koifman Street, Tel Aviv , telephone - 03 5269111
Haifa: (Orly 052 5887117).
(2) S.M Visa Services: No. 5 Droyanov Street, Tel Aviv – Phone (03) 5250332
• Your travel agent
Priority is given to on-line applications and applications lodged through one of our Service Delivery Partners.
Application requirements for papers application:
- Form 1415: Please complete the form using BLOCK letters. You may type in the answers on-line. If you hand write your answers, please use BLOCK letters and a black or blue pen
- Visa application charge: AUD135 paid by International Credit Card (Visa Beinle\'umit). If you do not hold a valid Internatioal Credit Card you may pay the visa application charge through your travel agent or one of our service delivery partners. They will use their business International Credit Card to forward your payment to our office with your application. Cash and cheques are not accepted unless there is a genuine emergency and prior approval from the Embassy. See: List of visa application charges
- A copy of the biodata and signature pages in your passport. The passport should be valid for at least six months. The signature page must be signed
- Passport size photograph
- Letter of invitation from your business contacts in Australia. The letter should be detailed and provide information about your occupation, position in the company/business you work for and detailed information about your proposed business activities in Australia. Stating business meetings or participating in a conference or exhibition or an event without providing detailed information about the proposed activities during the meeting/s, event, seminar, exhibition is not sufficient. Who will pay you a salary for your proposed business activities in Australia and who will cover your travel and living expenses and the period of stay and the number of visits expected during the next 12 months
- If you are 75 years old or above you will be invited to undergo health checks with one of the Embassy doctors after you lodge your application. You will receive an email from our office regarding this matter as quickly as possible after you lodge your application. The list of Embassy doctors and other relevant information will be provided.
When a decision is made on your application, you will be notified by email. Your visa, if granted, will be label free.
*"Please note: Depending on the passport/nationality you hold you may be eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or an eVisitor visa. ETA: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/601- eVisior: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/651- "