SUBCLASS 600 VISITOR VISA (TOURIST STREAM)
This visa is for persons who wish to visit Australia for:
• a holiday or recreation
• visit family and/or friends
• other short-term non-work purposes including study for less than three (3) months.
SUBCLASS 600 ONLINE VISITOR VISA APPLICATION
IMPORTANT: All documents for online applications must be uploaded into your online immiAccount in PDF format. Please note that you may be requested to provide additional information/documents after the initial assessment of your application.
IMPORTRANT: You must provide documents to support your application for this visa. We can make a decision using the information you provide when you lodge your application. It is in your interest to provide as much information as possible with your application.
Global Visa and Citizenship Processing Times
Processing times apply from the date your complete application is lodged.
Please note that applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and that actual processing times may vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether the applicant has lodged a complete application including all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly the applicant responds to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external parties, particularly in relation to health, character, national security, and Assurance of Support requirements
- the number of places available in the migration programme (for permanent migration visas)
- surges in demand and peak periods
To ensure your application falls within the published processing times, we strongly encourage you to submit complete applications. The information provided below will assist in making sure you have included all required documents during the application process.
See: Processing times.
You should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have a visa to travel to Australia. The department will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful.
We reply to progress inquiries during he processing times or requests to fast track applications ONLY if there is a genuine emergency. If you send a request and do not receive a manual email reply within 2 work days, this means that your request has been considered by that it was determined that the circumstances do not amount to genuine emergency.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
Before you start your online application, please make sure that you prepare the necessary supporting documents, including a clear copy of the biodata and signature pages of your valid passport.
IMPORTANT: All documents for online applications must be uploaded into your online immiAccount in PDF format.
Children under 18:
- Full birth certificate showing the names of both parents;
- Clear copy of the child's passport. If the child is 16 and above signature page with the child's signature must also be provided;
- Consent form 1229 completed and signed by both parents even if both parents are travelling with the child;
- Clear copies of the passports of the parents with the parents' signature in the signature block of the passport;
- If the child is travelling witout at least one parent and will not be staying with relatives in Australia the person hosting the child in Australia must provide a complted and signed 1257 and a copy of their passport which must be uploaded/attached to the application.
Applicants from 18 to 40:
- Clear copy of the biota and signature pages of passport;
- Clear copy of the last payslip;
- Detailed bank statement for the last three months. The bank statement must show the details of the account holder;
- Summary/report of investments/deposits/savings in the bank. The bank statement must show the details of the account holder;
- Copy of the Discharge Certificate from the IDF.
Applicants from 41 to 74:
- Clear copy of the biodata and signature pages of the passport
Applicants 75 or above:
- Clear copy of the biodata and signature pages of the passport;
- Evidence of health insurance for the proposed period of stay in Australia;
- Following the initial assessment of the application and if the application is one for approval, the client will be invited to undergo a health examination conducted by the Embassy doctor. Further information will be provided as appropriate following the lodgement of the application.
We do not require certified copies or translations as indicated in the checklist. However, we reserve the right to request translations or original documents for examination during the processing of the application.
When you start your online application you will be required to create an account (ImmiAccount). It is very important to record/remember your username and password when you create your ImmiAccount.
Through your ImmiAccount you will be able to:
• apply for a visa online
• continue a saved online visa application
• attach documents to an online visa application
• verify that you have successfully loaded/attached the supporting documents
.Pay the Visa Application Charge/Fee online.
• check the progress of your online visa application.
Please note that you must load/attach the supporting documents to your online application yourself. We are unable to assist you to load the documents. See Attach Documents.
If you have issues with your ImmiAccount you may send an ImmiAccount Technical Support Inquiry.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
While all travelers to Australia must apply for and obtain a visa prior to travel to Australia, Australia’s modern electronic visa system does not require you to have a visa label placed in your passport to confirm your immigration status and entitlements in Australia. If you are granted a visa, you will receive a visa grant notification letter/email from our office. We recommend that you keep a copy of the visa grant notification letter/email. When you check-in for a flight to Australia, airline staff will use your passport to electronically confirm that you have an authority/visa to travel to Australia prior to boarding the aircraft. See: About Your Visa