Online Lodgement for Passport Applications is now available
Accessing the new digital upload function on the Australian Passport Office website
Customers who have been issued with a 10-year Australian passport since 2005 or who are applying for a child passport will be able to upload their application via the Australian Passport Office website.
In order to use new digital upload function, you must:
- be located in Israel and have a delivery address in Israel
- have held a 10-year Australian Passport since 2005; or
- be lodging an application for a child
You cannot access the digital upload function if you:
- you have urgent travel or require an emergency passport
- you hold a Limited Validity Passport
- you require a replacement passport
- you are age 16 years and older and applying for a passport for the first time (10-year passport).
For customers in Israel who meet the above criteria, follow the steps below to lodge your passport application:
- Complete the application form online via the Australian Passport Office website
- Once the applications is completed, the application form/summary page will display the ‘Lodging your application’ section, which will instruct you to ‘Upload photo and documents’
- Upload the application form, supporting documents, digital photo and credit card payment authorisation (payment is taken in AUD)
Once your digital application is being assessed you will receive an email from [email protected] to finalise the payment authorisation.
You will also be contacted if:
- the application is for a child
- additional documentation is required
- there is a problem with what you have submitted
- you are not eligible for this service
Once your passport has been finalised it will be sent directly to your nominated address in Israel.
Please note that if your delivery address is not in Israel, the new upload function will not become available at the application stage.
If you face any issues when completing the passport application or during the account registration process, please contact the Australian Embassy, Tel Aviv, at 03-693-5000.
If you do not meet the above criteria, this option is not available to you and you must lodge your Australian passport application in person. Please see below for appointments.
Appointment system for passports and notarial services
An appointment is required for all passport and notarial services provided by the Australian Embassy, Tel Aviv.
An appointment is required for all in-person passport and notarial services provided by the Australian Embassy, Tel Aviv.
It is now possible to send in Adult renewal passport applications (PC7 forms) and Child renewal passport applications (PC8 forms) by mail to the Embassy.
For an Adult Passport Renewal, you must be 18 years and over and you will need a passport that:
* was issued when you were aged 16 or older
* was issued on or after 1 January 2006
* had, when it was issued, at least 2 year's validity
* has your current name, date of birth, place of birth and gender
* has not been reported lost, stolen or cancelled.
If you can answer yes to all the above, complete your PC7 passport renewal application here: http://www.passports.gov.au and print out the form.
If you don't meet these criteria, you'll need to lodge your application in person by appointment only.
Adult Renewal PC7 Checklist
1. Did you complete and print your form from the Australian Passport Office website?
2. Please check your current home address, valid contact phone number and valid email address is on the form
3. Did you check your biodata are correct? (Name, Date and Place of Birth, Country of Birth and Sex)
4. Did you read and sign the declaration with a black pen?
5. Did you sign the declaration only inside the box and enter the correct date format- DD/MM/YYYY?
6. Did you include a minimum of 3 identical photos?
7. Did you write your name on the back of one photo in black ink?
8. Do your photos meet the photo guidelines ? -see below
9. Check your form is printed in full - no parts of the form are cut short.
Do not attach photos to the form with staples, sticky tape or glue - send them loose with the application.
Do not send your current passport with the application form.
Send the PC7 application form to:
P.O. Box 29108
Tel Aviv 6129001
On receipt of the application form we will contact you regarding payment by credit card over the phone.
Child passport renewal by mail - PC8 form
For a child passport renewal by mail the child must be under 16 years of age and holding a passport that was valid for 5 years. Application forms (PC8) are available via: http://www.passports.gov.au
Send in the application form with 3 high quality gloss passport photos, one of which is signed on the back by the guarantor with the words: "This is a true photo of....." with the guarantor's signature.
Information on who can be a guarantor can be found on the information sheet listed below.
Photo requirements are listed below.
Both parents must attach certified copies of their proof of identity showing name, photo, signature and current address.
If current names of parents are different to their names on the birth certificate, please include certified copies of documents that explain the change of name.
NO additional documentation is required: Not passports, birth certificates or certificates of citizenship.
All children aged over 10 years must sign their name inside the white box on page 5 of the application form.
Make sure that ALL sections of the form are completed with a black pen. Dates of signatures cannot be more than six months old.
Send the application forms and photos to the Embassy address listed above.
On receipt of the application we will contact the parents for credit card details for payment.
Application for an Australian Passport - Overseas
If you are an Australian citizen living or currently staying in Israel and require an Australian passport, you can either complete and print an online application form or request a blank application form to be mailed to you.
If you would prefer a blank application form to be mailed to you please contact:
Discount Tower (28th floor)
23 Yehuda Halevi Str
Tel: +972 3 693 5027
Fax: +972 3 693 5002
How long does it take?
You should allow approximately 6 weeks to receive a new passport.
If you need your passport in a hurry, contact the nearest Australian diplomatic mission or consulate to discuss options.
You can help minimise processing times by ensuring you provide everything we need when you lodge your application.
Passport Photo Requirements - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Click here for photo requirements:
Photos must be high quality, colour, GLOSS prints (Matt prints are not acceptable).
Photos must be less than six months old
No shadows behind the head
Size of Head in Photo must be between 32-36 mm from top of head (crown) to chin
Mouths must be closed (neutral expression - no smiles)
Edges of face must be visible. Hair cannot cover the eyes.
Look straight at camera
Background must be plain
Parent's hands should not be visible in photos of babies
Glasses cannot be worn in passport photos
No head coverings (except for religious purposes). Women's head coverings must be a single plain colour.
1. Online Application Form - RENEWAL of an Australian Passport
A simple renewal form (PC7) can be used if your most recently issued passport:
- was issued from 1st January 2006 onwards
- had at least 2 years validity
- was issued when you were aged 16 years or over
- was issued in your current name, date of birth and sex
- can be presented at interview.
- has not been reported as lost/stolen.
In all other cases please scroll down to "Application for a NEW Australian Passport Overseas".
Before you complete and print the renewal application form, please read the following information sheet: Information Sheet - RENEWAL of an Australian Passport
Please click here for passport fees and payment details.
Renewal Application Form
To complete and print the renewal application form, please click here: www.passports.gov.au
2. Online Application Form - Application for a NEW Australian Passport . (For all passport applications that do not meet the RENEWAL form requirements).
Information Sheet (Including list of Guarantor occupations)
Before you complete and print the application for a NEW Australian passport form, please read the following information sheet: Information Sheet - Application for a NEW Australian Passport
Please click here for passport fees and payment details.
Application form for a NEW Australian Passport
To complete and print the application form for a NEW Australian passport, please click here: http://www.passports.gov.au
For Lost or Stolen passports please call the Embassy during business hours on 03 693 5027.
The validity of Australian passports that have expired cannot be extended.