IMPORTANT: Clients should NOT book flights or make travel commitments until they have a visa to travel to Australia. The Department/Embassy will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful.
Global visa processing times are published at Global Visa Processing Times
Australian Citizenship processing times are published at Citizenship Processing Times
Processing times apply from the date your complete application is lodged.
Please note that applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and that actual processing times may vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether the applicant has lodged a complete application including all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly the applicant responds to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external parties, particularly in relation to health, character, national security, and Assurance of Support requirements
- the number of places available in the migration programme (for permanent migration visas)
- surges in demand and peak periods
To ensure your application falls within the published processing times, we strongly encourage you to submit a complete application. The checklists provided on ImmiAccount will assist in making sure you have included all mandatory and optional supporting documents during the application process.